Saturday, August 23, 2008

The dress




The dress
the dress, the special dress that you only get to wear once in your whole life, unless you renew your vows, and unless the Dress still fits you down the line.

The dress that all your girlfreinds are green about, the dress that makes you look a million dollars, the dress, that you may have dreamt about, or not, depending on if you ever thought you would get married.
The dress, the handpicked, and you lovingly gazed at from the pages of Bridal Magazine, the dress that you hope maybe one day will be passed down to your own child, preferably a daughter wearing it, but you never know these days.
This dress shouldnt be chosen juts willy nilly, yeah you see, this dress will be with you in your memories for the rest of your life, we dont want any regrets when it comes to the dress, forever immortalised through an album of wedding photos.

So onto my dress.. i decided that after hearing i can wear a black bin bag and still look good, (my mother) i chose to try and beat the system and get a dress the unconventional way, EBAY.

i got my dress online from a Store on ebay, made in china, think of the all the sweat and hard work that went into my dress, and although i dont want to seem ungrateful to who ever toiled mercilessly over my dress through the dark night, but i just dont like it, i feel like a shapeless saugage, not the enchanting mermaid i was hoping to emmulate.

The dress is pretty, nice, and worth the 100 pounds i paid, but its not THE dress, its not the dress i want to be forever captured in, it doesnt make me feel fantastic and it doesnt make me excited to want to wear it, and i havnt been peeking in the cupboard just to reach in and touch the material, thats what i want.

I tried the dress on, its been taylor made, but theres been some mistake somewhere, as its too tight on my arse, ive never been one to say does my arse look big in this, it just never did, arms now yes, belly maybe, but bum no!
it doesnt give me anyshape, it doesnt hug in all the right places, it does what a 100 pound dress will do (70 P&P) so it does what a 30 pound dress would do, it covers you, its ivory and its pretty, but its beading makes me look bigger, the structure isnt there, and i think even if i lost 10 pounds, it wouldnt do anything for me.

Its like this we have the Eygyp tian cotton1000 count sheets, we have the 500 count sheets, and we have the nylon sheets.

Now The dress i would dream dream dream about, that if money wasnt an object and i could have any dress in the world, that would equate to the 1000 count egyptian cotton sheet, then the dress i have from china, equates to the nylon sheet, and all i want is somewhere in the middle, as im not unreasonable, and would happily settle for the 500's!

Hope that makes sense, my hubby to be, suggested he come with me to choose a new dress, at first i was like nooooooo, but then i thought, well they do it in china! the man goes with the woman and helps choose, none of this cant see it till the day malarky, i reckon coz its him who is paying, but fair enough, maybe if Billy comes with me, and sees the differance and sees what you get for your money, and how fabulous i can really look he will be happier about spending a massive chunk of our savings, on the dress only to be worn once.

Anyhow, as im getting married in oz, and going back to the uk for a party, maybe if its that fabulous i will wear it twice.

i want to be nipped and tucked, and preened, i want to have several dress fittings, i want it to be like a second skin, and look as great as my own, i want to try on all the colours and textures and find out whats the most attractive on me.

Im all for people making there own, or buying second hand, if it suits you and makes you feel happy, and i believe i too have the right to be extremely happy with my choice.
I wont excuse myself because i want to look drop dead gorgeous on my day, i mean i know its all about us coming together as one, but i want to do it with extreme style and elegance, i want to look back in years to come, and say, look how gorgeous i used to be, to my grand children and i want them to say, Nana you looked so beautiful in your dress, i wish they made them like that now, did u keep it, can i wear it when im older, and ill say

i sold it on ebay!!

No comments: