Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Poem











Its almost my 28th birthday, I live in Byron Bay, and i am getting married.



Im growing up, im growing up Its obvious, everywhere i look, If i face east or i face west,

I see im growing to my very best

Its funny how i dont feel old, still feel the same, not very bold,

can i take on a whole, another, be trusted like there is no other,

never have another lover. I cant believe im gonna be,

a Mrs now, oh cant you see Im growing up, im growing up,

i fill this life up like a cup its brimming till its almost full,

why then, do i feel like im in a lull?

sensing a sense of insecurity, it isnt you, its all of me,

difficult the truth be told, to stand up there, and to be bold,

standing up to say i do might be harder now theres two

i guess i always thought id be, not growing up, quick as can be

always young, and wild and free hold on a second thats not me

im growing up, im growing up

im going to be part of another

living a life thats not like my other

not being selfish as can be, sharing things now this is me

have someone to call my own broke down my walls id built with stone

learning to be all i can now ive found this special man

im growing up im growing up its my birthday, love and lots of luck

i get to be myself again in the sunshine and in the rain

so i go now with a smile, 28 now thats a mile,

to reach in life and get this far in my own life i get to star.

No comments: